Carriage House Door
Finding the perfect garage door, gate, or shutter design for your project is only the beginning of the Carriage House Door experience. Architects, designers, and homeowners who have worked with us know that we are there every step of the way to ensure that your vision of perfection is fulfilled.
Below you can find the answers to the questions we commonly receive about our products. If you don’t find the answer to your question, contact our representatives for further assistance.
You can start the design process by looking at our door collections, project gallery and brochures to get a feel for the look you are trying to achieve. Once you have an idea of what you are looking for, you can click on the “Request Design Consultation” link below, and we will contact you to go over your needs and connect you with one of our dealers for pricing.
Customization is encouraged! We specialize in helping you design the door that is perfect for your house.
Designs are only limited by the functionality of the door. While a certain design may look nice, it may not be functional as a door. We can help you navigate through the process of balancing function and design.
We build beautiful paint-grade and stain-grade doors, but the application that is right for you will depend on a few things. You will need to consider sun exposure, color and maintenance when choosing between the types of doors we offer. You can refer to our Wood and Steel Door Collection warranties to help you decide, or call us and talk to a member of our sales team.
We only use the highest quality materials for our doors, but there are certain wood species that hold up better than others in certain applications. When you have a lot of sun exposure or darker colors, you will want to use a wood like clear western red cedar. Please refer to our warranty page for more information.
The decision to go with a sectional roll-up door versus a swing-out type door depends solely on the application. Sectional doors are very convenient and operate with ease when using a garage door motor. You have very few limitations on size, and the cost will be less than a swing-out door. Swing-out doors give your project the authentic look of a carriage door and are ideal if you are looking for a clean interior space free of track hardware. Swing-out doors are limited somewhat in terms of size, and will typically be costlier than a sectional door once configured with hardware and motor options.
Yes. We build custom driveway gates, pedestrian gates and shutters with the same care and attention to detail that we pride ourselves on with our garage doors. We can build gates that match the design of your garage door and tie the whole project together.
Our wood doors are built to last forever. The woods we select in building each door are handpicked and inspected before being applied to the door. All the woods that we use are of the highest quality ensuring a beautiful product that will stand the test of time. There isn’t another product or material that will give you the same look, warmth and feel that wood can offer. The wood we use has been proven to stand the test of time when properly maintained and painted or sealed.
All exterior products require some level of maintenance, but none come close to wood when providing beauty and richness to your home. Please refer to the warranty page for more information on maintenance.
All our products are sold through authorized distributors. Please contact us to find the dealer closest to you.
The length of the order process can be as fast as a couple of days, or as long as a few weeks. The ordering process all depends on where you are at in the design process and what phase of construction your project is currently in.
Our warranty page outlines maintenance instructions, as well as the specific details of our product warranty.
The headroom requirements are as outlined below:
- Low headroom track: Minimum of 9” required with a motor
- Standard 15” radius track: Minimum of 18” required with a motor
- Standard 20” radius track: Minimum of 24” headroom required with a motor
- Commercial 3” track w/ 15” radius: Minimum of 24” headroom required with a motor
- Commercial 3” low headroom track: Minimum 15” of headroom required with a motor
Keep in mind that we do offer custom track set ups for projects that do not have the required headroom for standard hardware. The track hardware can be modified, just like our doors, to give you the ideal operation for you project requirements.
The motor that is ideal for your project will depend on a few factors, such as door size, operation and door weight.
- Jackshaft Motors: These motors mount to the side of the door at the torsion tube, freeing up space in the middle of the garage where a typical garage door motor would be. These motors can be installed on doors up to 850 pounds and are ideal when all door sections are close to the same size and weight.
- Standard Motors: We recommend a ¾ horsepower motor when using your standard draw bar motor. These motors work great for any application and are ideal for jobs where the door sections may vary in size and weight.
- Commercial Motors: Commercial motors are ideal for commercial applications where you have a door that exceeds 800 pounds. Please check your local code requirements before using a commercial motor in a residential application.