Each overhead garage door in our Carriage
House collection offers the timeless beauty, authenticity, and quality
of a carriage door constructed a century ago, yet functions using
the latest modern technology.
Frame: 1-3/8 inch kiln-dried fir
Facing: Your choice of the following:
- 1/2 or 5/8 inch medium density overlay plywood
(for paint grade doors only).
- 3/8 or 5/8 inch Breckenridge plywood siding
(for paint or stain grade doors).
- 1/2 inch marine mahogany plywood (for paint
or stain grade).
- Vertical grain western red cedar, incense
cedar, fir, or any other available materials as specified.
Wire-brush option is available on all doors to produce a weathered
Trim/Overlay: Your choice of the following:
- Stain Grade: Vertical grain clear western red cedar
(standard), STK incense cedar, vertical grain douglas fir,
clear heart redwood, mahogany, bonded to the facing
with exterior adhesive and galvanized finish nails.
- The concealed side of the trim is back-cut
to prevent twisting and warping.
Core: 1-3/8 inch EPS, Polystyrene insulation
Windows: 1/8 inch DSB (standard) stopped and sealed in place.
Seedy, Graylight 2, Obscure and many other types of glass are
available as well. Insulated glass also available.
Arched Top: Available in a standard or custom
radius. Please provide template with custom arch.
Designs: Choose from our designs or provide
a detailed drawing of your own door.
Section Height: The maximum section height is
The following guidelines show the number of sections
for door heights of up to fourteen feet:
- Up to 8'0" : 3 sections
- From 8'0" to 10' : 4 sections
- From 10' to 12' : 5 sections
- From 12' to 14' — 6 sections